Ingredients (4 servings)
- 1/2 Onion diced
- Oil for sautéing
- Salt and Pepper to Season
- Baking soda
- 1 can 14 oz Tomatoes diced
- 1 cup Dried Chickpeas (cover in water and soak overnight)
- 4 cups Water
- 1 tblsp Chole seasoning
This is usually served with naan and an additional curried vegetable dish such as cauliflower and potato (aloo gobhi). I really like Manjula’s kitchen for Indian recipes. Check it out here.
- Put the chickpeas in the pressure cooker with 4 cups of water and cook til soft (8 minutes when whistling or whatever your cooker says)
- Fry the onions in a large metal pan
- Add the seasoning, baking soda, and chole spice mix and stir
- Add the tomatoes and stir
- Add the chickpeas and all the water from the pressure cooker and boil until most of the water evaporates and you are left with a little gravy.